Thursday 20 September 2007

blog blog blog

Happy Dansi is back =) I found that I've been building everything up inside and just needed to get it all out! So a lovely night in with my boyfriend and a bit of a cry later, I'm ready to take on the world and the rest of 2007!

Anyway, a couple of wonderful blogs for you to check out....

Unfortunately it's long been closed, but I came across Miss Snark's blog a couple of weeks ago and I really love it. As well as being helpful with a bunch of tips for writers, it's also really funny and has really cheered me up.

Check it out
here.

And Tappy Lappy too is another wonderful blog that's just been set up, I'm hooked already, check it out
here.

-

I'm determined to get on with some more Legs tonight, I've started to feel more positive about it... I've figured that if I aim for 80,000 in the original draft, I can then do more research and fill my novel out more with the information needs in the second draft, and by the end of that draft I'm hoping to have the novel I've always wanted. And then by the editing I can get it back down to a desirable word count.

-

OO and also, I'm proving to my family tonight that I can actually cook! They've always said that I can't, so I'm going to prove them wrong and cook lasagne, wish me luck!!

-

PS/ Thanks to Sam Delaney for his lovely email this evening, muchly appreciated!

5 comments:

CL Taylor said...

Did you have a post up here earlier about Company magazine that you deleted or am I imagining things?

CL Taylor said...

I only ask because I made a comment about which issue the short story competition is in. I looked through this month's and didn't spot anything...

Dani said...

In the 'Miss Write - definitely at the end' blog you commented about the Company comp? Is that what you mean? I can't remember you asking which issue or anything, sorry! I'm not sure when it airs, I just know it should be coming up soon!

CL Taylor said...

Am sure I read a post when you talked about the new issue of Company and how much you enjoyed Sam Delaney's column and that you were disappointed there wasn't one in this month's issue.

Dani said...

Yep my 'Ode to #1 - Sam Delaney' post says that Company is fab and they run an annual short story comp!

I'm not sure which month they did it last year, so I will have a look in my mags asap and let you know :)