Friday 20 February 2009

Adele Parks 'In Conversation With...'

Yay yay yay yay YAY!

I love Cultural Exchanges week!!!!!

Every year at DMU we have CE week, where us lovely Humanities students have the whole week off uni (even more YAY) and get to go to lots of wonderful events (or stay in bed all week like I have done two years' previous)

And look what's happening this year!!!

Adele Parks, ‘In Conversation with…’,
Thursday 5th March,
5.00pm-6.00pm,
Clephan Building, [the most wonderful building in DMU of course]
room 3.03.

Adele Parks, one of the biggest selling women's fiction authors in the UK, discusses her work and the themes that she writes about including adultery, second marriages, mothers-in-law and staying friends with your ex. She received a nomination for Romantic Novelist of the Year Award, Best Novel (2008) for Young Wives' Tales and two of her books are currently being developed as movie scripts. She will be in conversation with Professor Imelda Whelehan (DMU).

And, even better, this EVENT IS FREE!

Ohhh I can't wait! Soo excited, I'm sure it's going to be fabulous! Imelda Whelehan is my current Literature in Film lecturer, she's fabulous too.

I'm booked my place, have my copy of Tell Me Something ready, and even better I'm going to write up the event for our uni newspaper.

Yay!

No comments: